+38(095) 505-11-55

Work permit in Kharkiv.

Foreigners cannot be employed in Ukraine without work permit!

Under part 2 of Art. 8 of the Law of Ukraine “On Employment” employers are not allowed to employ foreigners without obtaining by employer a work permit for the employment of foreigners and stateless persons. In case of employment of a foreigner, an enterprise shall pay a fine.

Work Permits for Foreigners: procedures, documents, terms

The procedure for obtaining work permits for foreigners is regulated by the Regulations of Cabinet of Ministers issued April 8, 2009 N 322 “On approving the issuance, extension and cancellation of work permits for foreigners and stateless persons”.

Work permits in Ukraine are issued by the State Employment Center of Labour (hereinafter – Employment Center) or on behalf of the relevant employment centers of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Kyiv and Sevastopol for the enterprises, institutions, organizations which invited the foreigner to a position (by specialty).

Foreigners should prepare next documents for obtaining work permit by the employer in Ukraine:

1. Notarized Power of Attorney (for lawyers);

2. Notarized copy of documents on education (diploma, etc.);

3. Clear copy of passport;

4. Certificate of conviction (Ukrainian);

5. Certificate of conviction (from the country of foreigner origin);

6. Two color photographs size 3,5 x 4,5 cm.

All documents originating from foreign countries must be legalized or apostilized.

The decision to grant a work permit or refuse shall be made no later than 30 days by the appropriate employment center.

Official duty fixed by Employment Center for the review of application is 4 minimum wages. This sum is payable by the applicant-employer.

To renew the work permit in Ukraine, an employer shall apply 30 days before the end of the term and go through the same procedure.

In order to obtain (or renew) work permit, support of foreigners in Kharkiv (Ukraine):

- Registration of the enterprise at Immigration Department (OVIR), registration an invitation from a legal person or individual for a foreigner;

- Temporary Residence Permit;

- Full support of foreign legal and individual persons, registration of foreign investment, and other legal services, contact Jamal Statsenko.

You may reach by phone at +380 95 505 11 55 (Viber, WhatsApp)

With Regards,
Jamal Statsenko
Attorney at Law